When It’s Time to Update Your Home
If you’ve owned a home long enough, you know there is never an end to the list of things to improve or update around your property. You may need to install a new fence, add new curtains around windows, or have someone repair the shingles on your roof. No matter how diligent you are with your property, it can be easy to forget about the basic exterior element: the siding. When you need help with a siding replacement in Berlin and Cherry Hill, NJ, contact Airborne Roofing at (856) 662-1382.
Siding Repair and Replacement
What is involved in siding repair or replacement? This is a process in which you or a contractor is going through to patch an area of damaged siding or completely replace the material altogether. In either case, you are updating the exterior of your home which can provide a multitude of benefits including better energy-efficiency, improved curb appeal, and increased value. More than that, replacing the siding on your home every few months will ensure a safe and healthy space for you and your loved ones. House siding replacement costs can get up there in price, which is why regular repairs are so necessary throughout the years. They can help reduce your costs overall when it comes time to switch out your siding.
Best Types of Siding Replacement Options
What are the best choices to pick from when you are deciding on siding replacement? There are several options on the market, but the ones listed below are several of the choices that we believe are the best.
- Stucco: Stucco was actually the first siding option used for homes. While it is one of the most reliable and dependable, it can clash with your aesthetic or neighboring homes. Talking with a contractor about your options first will help you understand what’s best for your home.
- Brick: One of the more commonly seen options, brick veneer is a popular siding choice. It provides a classic appearance that matches the majority of most residential neighborhoods. Plus it is durable, reliable, and long-lasting.
- Metal/Aluminum Siding: Aluminum planks are becoming more and more popular as a siding option. While they can be very different from the norm, they are eco-friendly and energy-efficient. You’ll likely notice less of a need for central heater repair in Howell Township, NJ with this as your home siding.
- Wood: Wood is by far the most beautiful siding option, though it is one of the least practical. While it is durable against most elements, it requires an extensive amount of maintenance and upkeep. If that’s something you’re willing to do, then wood siding is for you.
- Vinyl: For the cheapest, yet still very reliable, option on the market, vinyl planks are the way to go. Many homeowners have them over certain areas of their house. They are easy to maintain and replace when necessary.
- Synthetic Variations: If any of the listed siding options sound good to you, there is likely a synthetic variation that is just as good. Stucco and wood paneling often have synthetic alternatives that are cheaper and just as reliable as the real thing.
A main question we get asked is, is siding replacement tax deductible? The short answer is, no. If you are replacing or repairing the siding on a home that you own, it cannot be deducted from your taxes. The longer answer, though, involves a rental property. If you are renting a space and need to repair or replace the siding, you may be able to deduct that from your taxes.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does siding repair cost?
- On average, homeowners should expect to pay between $500 and $700 for siding repair services. That total amount can vary based on the current condition of your siding, how much needs to be repaired, and/or if enough sections need to be replaced rather than repaired.
- When should you replace siding?
- When you start to notice it bubbling or peeling away from the house. This is a clear indication that water has gotten in and around the planks, resulting in serious damage. There is a real possibility of mold or asbestos forming, which means you need to get it repaired and replaced as soon as possible.
- How many years does siding last?
- If well maintained, vinyl siding can last anywhere between 20 and 40 years. The window is so large because in some areas, vinyl truly can last three to four decades. In other areas, though, you may only get about twenty years out of it.
- What is the most durable siding?
- No doubt about it, stucco is one of the most durable siding options on the market. When properly installed, it will not only look great, but be able to withstand a variety of elements and experiences. If well maintained over the years, you’ll find less and less of a need for repairs or other services.
- What is the least expensive siding?
- Vinyl planks are typically the most inexpensive siding option on the market. They are easy to produce, store, haul, and install. Aluminum siding, however, is becoming increasingly popular because of how durable it as and the fact that it is just as cheap as vinyl planks.